Tuesday, November 24, 2009

In the Spirit of Thanksgiving...

Thanksgiving is right behind Christmas as my 2nd favorite holiday...a very close 2nd. I mean, football, family, good food, and fun...what's not to love?! So, in the spirit of this wonderful holiday, I am going to take a little time to give thanks.

**Thank you, Mom, for being the model of motherhood and for showing me what it means to be a Catholic Christian woman. I strive every day to be as good of a mother to my kids as you were to us.

**Thank you, Dad, for teaching me the value of hard work, loyalty, and integrity. I hope that I make you proud.

**Thank you, Josh, for not just being my brother, but also one of my best friends. I know I can always confide in you.

**Thank you, Jaime, for giving me the most wonderful Godson. You're doing a wonderful job with him and his brother...I don't know how you do it!

**Thank you, Brad, for always calling me on my birthday or Mother's Day. It's always such a nice surprise....one that I'm not very good about reciprocating.

**Thank you, Kevin, for loving me for me (despite how much I cry...and what I look like when I do)...and for so much more.

**Thank you, Hannah and Mason, for being you, for making me smile, and for filling my life with so much joy (and noise...and laughter).

**Thank you to my in-laws for welcoming me into your family from the very start. You have always gone out of your way to make me feel at home and loved. I am so blessed to be a part of your family (yes, even you Joel).

**Thank you to my friends (both old and new) for always being there for me, and helping me get through some difficult times. I know you've always got my back. (And thanks for all the laughs!)

**Thank you to my work family for always being supportive. I don't know how I would have made it through the last 3 years without such a positive and caring work environment!

**And thank you, God, for making all of this possible. I trust in You, and I know that You have a plan for my life and for all those in my life. You have provided us all with so much that we tend to take for granted. I thank You for the blessings that each day brings...that we all have ample food to eat...that we have places we call home...and that we have each other.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

3 comments:

  1. Though very moving and thoughtful, the first line of the last paragraph made me think you were recieving an emmy or oscar award. lol Well, love all you guys, even tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you know how much the kids and I depend on you for normal, everyday things. If you could see how they react(especially Hannah) when you are not here for their bedtime, you would truly know how much you are needed. I makes me sad when Hannah cries because you are not there to put her to bed. Love you

    ReplyDelete