Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ugh...

Today, I wake up and start fixing my hair...for the first time in what feels like weeks. But then I figure I better stick my head outside first. It was only going to be the most humid day ever...and thus, completely pointless to fix my hair! UGH!

On the bright side, I get to wear comfortable/exercise style clothes to school today (we were doing health screenings). But what's this?! Oh yeah...I don't have anything that looks decent and fits. So, I go with the baggy crop pants that on my short legs just end up looking like high-waters. UGH!

I get to school and have one of the worst head-aches I've ever had. I have the lights off most of the morning. It doesn't help that the kids are completely stir-crazy due to lack of outside time. It doesn't help that some of them weren't even going to pretend to be paying attention today. UGH!

So, my headache finally calms down after lunch. But then, my lower back starts hurting. I feel like I'm in labor...seriously. It feels just like it did with Mason...back labor. I spend a good portion of the afternoon teaching, hunched over in a chair. UGH!

I have to stay late today. But it's OK, I get to laugh while planning with my teaching buddies. But I'm tired (exhausted, really), stiff and achy (arthritic, really), and am apparently having a baby soon (not really). UGH!

Then, I got to go get my flu shot. I've never gotten the flu shot before. I've never had the flu before, either. Due to my low immune system, my Dr. is recommending that I get one this year. I will probably get the flu now, just because I got the shot. And now, my arm's starting to hurt. UGH!


There...I did it. I whined and griped quite sufficiently. Now I can relax, watch some pointless TV, do some more school work, try (and fail) to get comfortable, and get ready to have a better day tomorrow!

Peace out...word to your mother!

2 comments:

  1. At the risk of sounding like a commercial, have you tried massaging just a touch of emu oil on your temples and forehead when you get these migraines? A lot of people say that it helps. It is an anti-inflammatory. It might give your back some relief, too.
    At adoration this morning I read the following: Perhaps we're counted among those in the world struggling to sing a new song. When our pain is so profound that the words catch in our throat, when despair causes us to lose the melody, our faith assures us that even then, God continues to sing in us.
    Keep on singin' honey. I will too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly Tracy...you cannot get the flu from the flu shot. It is inactive. Don't even get John started on this.

    And why haven't you commented on my blog? Where's the bloggie love?

    ReplyDelete