Saturday, October 17, 2009

Things...

Things I want, but don't have:

~ clean carpet
~ nice shoes
~ a stand mixer
~ laundry that folds itself
~ a vacation (even for the weekend) in the near future
~ a bathroom that's actually big enough for Kevin and me to be in at the same time
~ "extra" money
~ a fence that doesn't fall down every time the wind blows
~ cute lacey camis of various colors to wear under a variety of tops
~ tile floors

....the list could go on and on....

Things I have, but don't want:

~ crappy linoleum
~ obnoxious neighbors
~ an upcoming bone marrow biopsy
~ laundry that never ends
~ dishes that never go away
~ an apparently mediocre football team
~ a dangerous sweet tooth
~ a serious lack of desire to exercise
~ stress
~ a face that is utterly destroyed (red, blotchy, puffy...) at the slightest cry...and with as often as I cry (over even the most trivial of things)...it's a problem

...the list could go on and on...

Things I have that I have always wanted:

~ a wonderful husband that makes me laugh every day (even if he does make me roll my eyes a lot)
~ healthy, happy kids that are sweet...most of the time (even if they drive me nuts sometimes)
~ a house to live in that I gripe about, but am SO thankful to have
~ a strong faith that has gotten me through some tough times
~ a supportive, loving family that knows how to have a good time
~ a relationship with my mom that I can truly call friendship
~ amazing friends that can make anything (even a hospital stay) fun
~ a job that I hope I am good at, and that I hope makes a difference
~ a church that I enjoy going to
~ a life that gives me reasons to laugh, cry, worry, be proud, be happy, and be thankful

...the list could go on and on...

3 comments:

  1. you forgot the section of things I have and don't deserve...an amazing brother-in-law named Gerald Clay Slickett

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be anonymous bc I have tried to submit several comments and they won't let me do to my lack of an account. So...anon=Gerald. Keep cracking me up!!!! I think my baby is coming soon also...back is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO funny, Joel!! I laughed out loud...and so did Kevin. I'm SO looking forward to your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete