Saturday, October 3, 2009

How it all began...

So, when Kevin and I were dating, we thought couples that had pet names for each other were so silly. We started making fun of them by calling each other (very sarcastically) things like: Baby Cakes, Honey Cakes, Sweetie Cakes, etc. We did it so often that eventually (and unintentionally) it just got shortened to Cakes. And then it stuck!

Now it's even to the point that if he calls me Tracy, I have to respond very formally with "Yes, Kevin...what do you need, Kevin?" It just seems very odd for either of us to call each other anything other than Cakes. We have become the very thing we used to make fun of! Even his friends know me as Cakes!!

When I developed a love for baking and created a small (minuscule, actually) business, it was only natural that it be called Treats by Cakes. Now that I am trying this blogging thing, it seems fitting that it be called Thoughts by Cakes. Hopefully, this blog will be more successful than the baking business was.

So....who's ready for a little taste of life...from the perspective of Cakes?!?!?

....I know....you can hardly wait!!

4 comments:

  1. YAY! You are blogging! It's great fun. I started out slow and hoped that family would read mine just to stay informed. Now it turns out that people I've never met in person, or my friends whose blogs I follow, have more to say than people I'm related to.

    Who knows, maybe this can be an outlet to start up your bakery business (which I didn't know anything about) again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, totally did not know you had leukemia! WOW! I'm looking forward to your posts. I was thinking you should do this after reading a couple of your notes on facebook! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, you are a brave and awesome woman. What a privilege to be one of your colleagues! Count on me to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so kinda funny story, but Jadyn has a nickname from me that is also Cakes, short for BabyCakes or Jadycakes... I had no idea that is where yours came from!

    ReplyDelete