Monday, July 26, 2010

The Power of Prayer...

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." ~Matthew 7:7-8



I actually started typing this post on Saturday night. When I got to church on Sunday, that same Bible verse was part of the gospel reading. Our priest said his homily (sermon) all about prayer: it's many forms (spoken, silent, going to church, the act of helping others, etc.), and how it is essentially just time spent "hanging out with God" in one way or another. I am taking that as a sign that I am right on track...this is the post that I should be doing (focusing on the verbal aspect of prayer). So let me continue...


I am a firm believer in the power of prayer. I have seen it work wonders. And as the scripture says, I believe our prayers (whether big or small) will be answered in one way or another at some time or another. Now, sometimes our prayers may not be answered in the way we wanted them to be, but I have to trust in God's plan, because I have also seen how that plan (however different it may have been than mine) has worked wonders, too. There are things that we can't understand or explain...and there are things that are so unspeakably hard, that all we have left is prayer and faith in God. That being said, I've always figured that the more people you have praying for something, the better. So, I'd like to use this as kind of a prayer chain. If you have any specific prayer intentions you would like some help with (whether big or small), just add them as a comment, and we can all start praying.


As always, I'll get the ball rolling...

**A very dear friend of mine has a cousin whose son has been battling cancer for some time now. After getting to enjoy his Make a Wish trip together, the doctors told them that his cancer spread and is incurable. Please pray for this family during this unimaginable time.

**For all those who have gone before us: Francis Roth, Don and Irene Mason, Pam Huber, Bob and Beth Prickett, Jimmy Prickett, sweet Reagan, Teena Wood, Art Lantzy, and many others...

**

No comments:

Post a Comment