Saturday, July 24, 2010

Fill Ins...

So, in honor of my fun new background, I wanted to have a fun new post. Now, I've seen some other blogs do "Friday Fill-Ins" posts before. But since it's not Friday, I won't use one of the "Friday Fill-Inn" pictures. And since I've never really found one that I wanted to take part in, I'll just kind of pick and choose some of my favorites and add some of my own. For those of you who don't know, all you do is copy the "fill-in" promts and post them in a comment using your answers to "fill in" the blanks.


Here we go:

1) _______ is/are the food that most reminds me of my spouse/significant other.
2) I've always wanted to ________.
3) I laugh every time I see ________.
4) When I think about my childhood, I often remember ________.
5) ________ was in my thoughts today.
6) My dad always said ________.
7) I could use a ________.
8) The smell of ________ makes me think of ________.
9) Friends don't let friends ________.
10) ________ never fails to make me smile.


So, here are mine...

1) Sandwiches are the food that most reminds me of my spouse. (Not only does he enjoy eating a good sandwich, but he is an awesome sandwich maker! He makes special sauces and just makes really unique and always delicious ones.)
2) I've always wanted to go on a cruise. (And I figure the best way to do it would be with a big group of families. You could have your own family time, group time, date time, whatever. One of these years, it'll happen...)
3) I laugh every time I see that Orbitz chewing gum commercial. (You know, the one where the 2 ladies are yelling at each other and calling each other names. And the one chick calls the other one a "lint licker". It's hillarious. If you don't believe me or don't know what I'm talking about, you can check out the link. You might not think it's funny, but it gets me every time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjQZCq8CTvk&feature=related )
4) When I think about my childhood, I often remember playing outside. (During the summer, we would just play outside and stay there until it started getting dark. I don't ever remember being bothered by the heat. But these days kids (yes, my own as well) are just so sensitive to the heat.)
5) School was in my thoughts today. (As much as I don't want to think about it, and as much as I love spending every minute of every day with my own kids (did you sense the sarcasm?), school is getting closer and closer.)
6) My dad always said "When you're hot, you're hot...when you're not, you're not...and when you're snot, you're slippery." (OK, so maybe he didn't ALWAYS say it, but whenever he did, it always got a chuckle out of me. I know...it doesn't take much, does it?)
7) I could use a little bit of liposuction. (Nah, I'm just joking. But I have ordered an exercise DVD set, and will be starting it soon. I'm not telling you what it is, yet. But I'm hoping that just the very act of going from doing nothing to doing something will have a positive affect on all of my jiggles.)
8) The smell of chlorine makes me think of the time spent at the Fairway Oaks pool when I was too young to be self-conscious. (Ah, good times. Back when pools had actual deep ends and diving boards.)
9) Friends don't let friends have saggy boobs. (A good friend of mine had to have a bra intervention with another good friend of mine (who shall remain nameless)...her "girls" were much perkier after that.)
10) My kids never fail to make me smile. (Even though they sure know how to pull out all of the annoying stops, they are pretty sweet and funny...and generally good kids.)


Now, it's your turn. You don't have to elaborate like I did (I do tend to be a bit wordy), you can feel free to just simply fill in the blanks. By the way, what do you think of my new background? Is it "me"?



3 comments:

  1. I love your new background!!! It's SO you!

    I want to fill these in tomorrow for a blog post...so now you have to wait...muhahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Potatoes with pickle juice - the food that most reminds me of my spouse.
    2. I've always wanted to: be able to really dance
    3. I laugh every time I HEAR my kids imitate practically the entire Spaceballs or Monty Python and the Holy Grail movies. It's hysterical!
    4. When I think about my childhood, I often remember: putting a record on my record player, using my brush as my microphone, and performing in front of my mirror like I was the most talented singer in the world.
    5. Pam was in my thoughts today. She always is.
    6. My dad always said" "Who's in the bathroom?" He was the only male in a houseful of 6 females and one bathroom!
    7. I could use: some new furniture.
    8. The smell of: bread baking makes me think of my Mom.
    9. Friends don't let friends: sit alone.
    10. My grandkids never fail to make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) Beer is the "food" that most reminds me of my significant other.
    2) I've always wanted to hike to Machu Pichu.
    3) I laugh every time I see a cinnamon roll, noodle arms, a beach with a rainbow. . .
    4) When I think about my childhood, I often remember gymnastics.
    5) Josh was in my thoughts today.
    6) My dad always said "it must be your upper lip".
    7) I could use a massage.
    8) The smell of Corona and/or cocoa butter makes me think of Florida beaches.
    9) Friends don't let friends make rash decisions.
    10) Josh never fails to make me smile.

    ReplyDelete