Friday, August 6, 2010

Live From New York...

Yes, Saturday Night Live has been around for what seems like forever. Yes, there have been times when it sucked (OK, maybe a lot of times). But there have also been a lot of times when it did its job and made me laugh. Here are some of my favorites (some of the few that I could actually find clips for anyway) from the old school to the new school...and in between. I've got them organized by actor...check 'em out!


~ Will Ferrell: Ah, as I'm sure Mom would agree, there are just too many to choose from! I'll give it my best shot and just pick a few. How about Jeopardy, Cowbell, Hot Tub, and many, many others!

~ Val Kilmer: I know, I know...not who you usually think of when you think SNL, but he did an episode in 2000 that had a couple of gems! Unfortunately, there is only one clip available online. The one that I was not able to find was Behind the Music: Rock and Roll Heaven. It was all about dead rock stars in heaven with people like Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Buddy Holly, and Jim Morrison (played by Kilmer). He put together this super band and Will Ferrell played Jesus (head of the record label in Heaven), and when he heard the band, he was like "Oh my Dad!" Anyway, the one I did find was the Iceman sketch.

~Amy Poehler: I really enjoyed her on the short lived reoccurring sketch, Appalachian Emergency Room, but once again, I couldn't find any clips for you. But there's always Kaitlyn (you know, the annoying girl with her step-dad, Rick), and one legged Amber.

~Alec Baldwin: Schweddy Balls....need I say more? And what about this one?

~Chris Farley: Here are some classics...Van Down by the River, and Chipendales.

~Justin Timberlake: No, he's not a cast member, but he never fails to crack me up: Plasticville, Single Ladies, and perhaps the best skit ever (right, mom?)...D*** in a Box!

~ Miscellaneous: Landshark, McGruber, Debbie Downer

4 comments:

  1. What about......."Meeeeeeeeeee"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, I know, I know...I can't find that clip ANYWHERE!!! It's SO not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I am embarrassed to admit it, D*** in a box was one of the funniest skits ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We weren't big on SNL. But I do remember the "Wild and Crazy Guys", "Baba Wawa", and "Candy Gram". The D***in a box skit embarrassed me so-o-o much. Took an hour or two for me to quit blushing!

    ReplyDelete