Sunday, August 15, 2010

Just Feeling Snarky...


So, I thought about doing something deep and insightful (cuz, you know, I'm a pretty insightful person), but I thought better of it. I'm just in the mood to be snarky, so here we go...



Dear Summer,

I have such split feelings about you. While I love not having to work and being able to get some color back on my pasty-white skin, I just can't stand this heat! So I'm torn. Part of me is saying, "Summer, please stay", because I'm just not ready to go back to work. But the other part of me is saying, "For crying out loud! I'm SO tired of sweating!!"

Confused and Sweaty,
Cakes



Dear Football Season,

I'm SO glad you're back! I can't wait to see what you have in store. I don't want to jinx anything, so I'll just leave it at "How 'bout them Cowboys?!" and "Hook 'em Horns!"

Excited and Hopeful,
Cakes



Dear Sinus Infection,

Please go away. I really don't like only being able to breathe out of one nostril...it's quite annoying. My head hurts, my nose is raw, and how much snot could really be in there anyway. I mean, really?! Ugh...

Stuffy and Whiny,
Cakes



Dear Fall TV,

I'm counting down the days. There are only so many Rangers Games and Wipeout shows (which I do actually enjoy) that I can watch. But there's just nothing else on! I mean, you can't actually expect me to do anything productive rather than watch TV, can you?

Ready and Waiting,
Cakes



Well, I guess that's enough for now. If you have sarcasm you'd like to contribute, go right ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Dear West Texas mosquitoes,
    Was it really necessary for you to choose my legs for your family reunion? I realize that as I age my veins are becoming more noticeable and closer to the skin, but that is not an invitation for you to have your picnic beside the blue rivers of my vericose veins. Twenty bites on my ankles. Seriously? I was only outside for 15 minutes!

    Scratching and Itching,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete