Monday, March 1, 2010

Autobiography...

Once again, I'm stealing an idea from someone else. My wonderful brother-in-law, Joel, included a section in his latest blog where he listed some titles for the chapters of his life so far. I thought I'd give it a try...

Don't Stop Believin' ... A Musical Memior

Chapter 1: My Girl (by The Temptations) = Welcoming baby Tracy to the world....everything from how adorable I was to the adorable things I used to say
Chapter 2: We Are Family (by Sister Sledge) = Growing up Roth....everything from being abused and neglected by my older siblings and having my creativity stifled with coloring books to favorite memories...like game nights and ghost hunts
Chapter 3: A Little Help From My Friends (by John Lennon and Paul McCartney) = This section will be devoted to those friends that have been in my life since elementary, middle, and high school)
Chapter 4: Your Love Endures (by Third Day) = Truly discovering my relationship with Christ for the first time....my experiences in my wonderful youth group and confirmation class
Chapter 5: Amazed (by Lonestar) = meeting, dating, falling in love with, and marrying Kevin....and how much my parents loved him from the very start! ha-ha!
Chapter 6: It Won't Be Like This For Long (by Darius Rucker) = Motherhood....the good, the bad, and the very often ugly....but also funny
Chapter 7: ABC (by The Jackson 5) = Teaching....I'll try to do the job justice, so that people know just how hard it is...yeah, yeah, it's rewarding...but that's not nearly as fun to read about
Chapter 8: I Will Survive (by Gloria Gaynor) = Leukemia....being diagnosed and living with it...what it's like, and how blessed I still am
Chapter 9: Family Tradition (by Hank Williams Jr.) = My grown-up relationship with my family...who are now also my friends...and the importance of traditions
Chapter 10: Lean On Me (by Bill Withers) = My friends from my Denton life....the love, support, and most of all...the laughs
Chapter 11: I Can Only Imagine (by MercyMe) = Thoughts, prayers, and hopes for the future....God has a path and a plan for all of us...what will the rest of mine be?

So there it is...the best I can come up with for now. I would, of course, include a CD with my book that had these as well as other songs that have helped color my life.

:)

3 comments:

  1. Great Job with that post! I love the last chapter. I have thought about that a lot lately, what does God have in store for me! I know great things if I can only set my eyes on the true Greatness! You're amazing. Love, Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. marybrody77@yahoo.comMarch 1, 2010 at 10:09 PM

    you are just so open and honest .... you put it all out there and i love reading about your life ... i just feel connected .... thanks ... Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. very creative...you really enjoy blogging dont you...American Idol tonight... yeah...Angela

    ReplyDelete