Saturday, March 20, 2010

Dear So and So...


I feel the need, the need for.....sarcasm! So, I figure it's time for another Dear So and So post. Read, enjoy, and feel free to leave a comment or even your own Dear So and So letter...


Dear Rain,

I think I've had enough of you. I know that our ground really needs you, and that you're important...yada, yada, yada. But every time you come around, you make my joints hurt even more than they do on a normal day. Having my knees, ankles, elbows, wrists, and fingers be so stiff and achy makes me quite grumpy. I don't appreciate it.

Tired and Achy,
Cakes


Dear Spring Break,

I've really enjoyed spending time with you. You've been both restful and fun. But it seems like you just got here. You don't really have to go, do you? I mean just a couple more days couldn't really hurt, could it? You came into my life at just the right time, and it just seems wrong to let you go so soon. But I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder. Please come back soon.

Already Missing You,
Cakes


Dear Luke,

Sometimes all I can do is roll my eyes and shake my head at you. You are one of the most annoying dogs in the world. Sure, you're cute...in an Ewok meets Gremlin kind of way. But cute's just not enough for me. I really need for you to stop peeing and pooping in the house. Yes, I admit you've gotten better, but come on! I know Kevin fell through on his whole "I promise I'll train him. I'll be home with him all the time" guarantee, but still.

Frustrated and Disgusted,
Cakes


Dear Date Night,

Why are you so elusive? I know people that seem to enjoy your company quite regularly. So what's wrong with us? We've come very close to finding you, but then at the last second, you get away. Why is it so easy for some, but so difficult for us? I understand that you probably like feeling rare, unique, and almost mysterious. But I'd really appreciate it if you eased up on the game of cat and mouse just a bit. I promise we're pretty fun, and we'd love it if you gave us the chance to get to know you.

Determined to Find You,
Cakes


Dear Summer,

I can't wait to see you again! It feels like it's been such a long time. Last time we were together, I know we didn't do much, but it was still great spending time with you. But I've actually got plans for our next visit, so it should be even better than last time! We've only got 11 more weeks to go. I know it seems like a long wait, but hopefully it will go by quickly.

Looking Forward to Our Reunion,
Cakes

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know Date Night acts that way with others too. ;)

    ReplyDelete