Friday, March 19, 2010

Favorite Moments...

The great minds of Salt-N-Pepa once said, "I wanna take a minute or two and give much respect due to the man who's made a difference in my world." Well, I would like to take some time to give my respect to quite a few more people than that. I am going to limit myself to listing only 1 or 2 moment(s) per person (which will allow a part 2 and maybe even a part 3 at some point). So here are some of my favorite moments with some of my favorite people...


Mom
~ Watching "9 Months" with her is great. When that delivery scene comes on, she and I start laughing hysterically before it really even starts getting good. And when it does start getting to its funniest parts, we laugh until we cry. It's the BEST!
~ I love when she and I are cooking together, or even just sitting in the kitchen together and just chit-chatting. It's very easy, comfortable, and safe. She is one of my best friends. It's very enjoyable for me, and it's one of my favorite parts about going home.

Dad
~ My High School youth group did a reenactment of Jesus' Stations of the Cross for church. I played one of the women that Jesus comforted and consoled (the 8th station). Anyway, with the music that we had, the lights dimmed, and the very obvious acting skills from all of us, it was very powerful. It was the first time I had ever seen him cry. Afterward, he told me how moved he was and what a good job we did.

Brad
~ One day when he was home on leave, he surprised me by having lunch with me up at school. He sat there and ate lunch with me and my oh-so-cool friends just telling stories and answering their questions. And I think there was another time he surprised me by picking me up from school. There was just something cool about having my older, military brother spend time with me away from home.

Jaime
~ Playing Girl Talk. For those of you who don't know or don't remember, it was basically a board game version of truth or dare. Anyway, we would sit up in our room and play that silly game. If there was a question we didn't want to answer (like either of us had anything to hide at that point) or a dare we didn't want to do, the rule was that you had a take a zit sticker and put it on your face (like either one of us needed stickers to have zits). It was great fun, and the worst dare in that whole game was to eat a ketchup sandwich. I know it doesn't sound that terrible, but I tried and failed...I couldn't stop gagging...I had to take a zit!

Josh
~ Aside from the times he would beg to be dressed up like a girl, some of my favorite moments with him were when we were just hanging out. Maybe I was talking to him and his friends upstairs (yes, actually talking and not lecturing or guilting). Maybe he and I were just running errands for mom. Or maybe we actually went to a movie or something. It was during those times that I really felt like I was getting to know him as a person and not just as my brother. And I think it was those times that laid the foundation for our relationship as friends.

Kevin
~ My favorite moments with Cakes revolve around music and/or laughter. So when I do a part 2, it will be similar in that respect. But this time, I'll talk about our honeymoon (get your minds out of the gutter). We drove just over 3,000 miles, so we had lots of time in the car. We filled that time listening to (and singing to) great music. We figured out baby names. And we played a lot of 20 questions...which got to be a great source of laughter. We didn't have a set schedule, so we could stop when we wanted to stop, take pictures of things we wanted to take pictures of, and we could just be silly. It was the best vacation ever!


Well, I think that's all for now...it's already plenty long. If you are not represented here, don't freak out...you're still probably one of my favorite people. You'll just have to be patient and wait for part 2...or part 3...

Peace Out!

4 comments:

  1. Made me cry. Always love the memories, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might need some further details on this one. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have pictures of Josh!! Loved the Nun one, but also enjoyed the one where he looks like my mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm. . . I think you might need to post those pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete