Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Top 5

When I first got into facebook, I did a lot of different Top 5 ideas. I did it using their "flair" application, which gave each of my top things a cute picture/button. Well, I'm not going to go through the trouble of finding pictures for my top things here. I will, however, enlighten you with my oh-so-thrilling thoughts/justifications/stories that go along with them.

~ TV Shows ~
1. Lost = (One of the smartest, most interesting, and most frustrating shows ever made.)
2. Friends = (I can watch the reruns of this show and laugh just as hard, if not harder than I did the first time.)
3. The Cosby Show = (I appreciate this show more now than I ever did when I was a kid.)
4. Grey's Anatomy = (This show never fails to make me cry.)
5. 24 = (Such a creative concept...and Jack Bauer kicks a**!)

~ Funniest Movies (...well, it's hard to pick just 5) ~
OK, I don't have a story to go with each of these, and if I think about it for much longer, the list will keep changing, because there are just so many movies that I love to laugh at. However, I will say that there appears to be a bit of a theme...Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd, Vince Vaughn...except Space Balls which is just a classic that no top 5 list would be complete without
1.
Old School
2. Role Models
3. Wedding Crashers
4. Anchor Man
5. Space Balls

~ Ribbons I Wear (...or would wear if I had them) ~
1.
Purple: domestic abuse = (This is in honor of my Aunt Pam who was abused for many years and was shot and killed by her husband. And for all of the others who have endured abuse...and to those who currently are, in hopes that they get out before it's too late.)
2.
Yellow: support our troops = (This is in honor of my brothers who proudly serve in the Navy and the Army, my father who was a US Marine...as well as all of the other men and women who have, do, or will serve.)
3.
Pink: breast cancer awareness = (This is in honor of my Aunt and Godmother Eileen, my friends and co-workers from school, my mother-in-law, and all of the other women who have battled this disease.)
4.
Pink/Blue: pro-life = (This is for all of the babies that have had their lives taken away from them, and for all those who have had their lives cut short due to the decisions made by others, including: euthanasia, the death penalty, and other forms of murder...it is not our place to decide who should die or when they should die.)
5.
Orange: leukemia awareness = (Although I wasn't very aware of this until I was diagnosed myself, this would be more specifically in honor of those who have not responded to treatment and have a far more difficult time with it than I do...especially the children)

~ Chick Flicks that Make Me CRY ~
1.
Steel Magnolias = (According to several quizzes, I'm a Shelby. How can you watch this movie and NOT cry?)
2.
The Notebook = (Also one of my very favorite books...such a wonderful love story.)
3.
PS I Love You = (A recent addition to this list. I just love the idea of it. It's romantic and heart breaking all in one. Plus, it's got some pretty good eye candy!)
4.
Terms of Endearment = (An oldie, but a goodie. Although there seems to be a lot of cheating going on, I can't help but love it. And OMG, when Deborah Winger is saying good-bye to her kids in the hospital?! It kills me every time.)
5.
Sleepless in Seattle = (This is one that if I come accross it on TV, I can't change the channel...it's just too good. I mean, it was like, "magic".)

~ Chick Flicks that Make Me LAUGH ~
1.
While You Were Sleeping = (This is a favorite quote source for my family. We often use quotes from this movie in every-day conversation. "These mashed potatoes are so creamy".)
2.
The Holiday = (This one could actually be on both lists...actually all of these could be (have I mentioned that I cry all the time?)...however, it has more laughing moments than crying ones, so I think it qualifies.)
3.
Music and Lyrics = (I LOVE Hugh Grant. His quirky British ways get me every time. I can't get enough of his little motor cycle dance!)
4.
The Proposal = (Another recent addition. But I LOVE Sandra Bullock. This is one of her bests. And you get to see Ryan Reynolds in almost all of his glory...I mean, really!)
5.
50 First Dates = (Kind of cheesy/funny, but I still love it!)

~ Books ~
OK, so I cheated. I had to do 7 to try to make up for the nerd factor here. But once again, you will notice a theme: Harry Potter, the Twilight series, and Nicholas Sparks books. I can't help it! They're well written, entertaining, suspenseful in different ways, and just fun to read. And well, Little Women is just about the only "classic" that I enjoy.
1.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2.
The Notebook
3.
Breaking Dawn
4.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
5.
Eclipse
6.
The Choice
7.
Little Women

Well, that's all for now, but don't be surprised if you see another Top 5 posting in the future. It was fun to write, and I hope it's fun to read.

How about you? Any Top 5's you want to share?!?!?

4 comments:

  1. TV shows. Ditto on "24". I'll add Dancing With the Stars....because I can't do what they do and I admire those who can, and NCIS because of the "family" way the team interacts. (My list of TV goes back a lot farther so I guess I should put in "I Love Lucy" and "Andy Griffith".
    Chick flicks that make me cry..."Return to Me" and "Hope Floats"!
    Maybe I'll think of more later.
    I've been thinking of doing another 25 Random Thoughts. Are we the only ones who actually write this stuff down??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things to do on a snow day...
    1. curl up with a blanket
    2. watch a movie
    3. snooze on the couch
    4. drink something warm
    5. enjoy the view from the window

    Repeat on day 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites is PS I Love You, because of all the reasons you listed. I cry every time and I could watch it over and over! While You Were Sleeping is great too. I love when he falls on the ice and rips his pants. :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete