Friday, February 12, 2010

25 Random Things (part 3)...

So, I realize this is only the first time for me to do this on my Blog, but it is part 3 for all of my facebook friends. Basically, it's a lot like a lot of my other random posts, but it's going to be exactly 25 things this time. OK, here we go...

1) I LOVE how my kids have begun to develop the same love of music that Kevin and I have. They both love to sing, although Mason's idea of singing is more like humming with a word or two thrown in for good measure. They both seem to appreciate a variety of genres of music. And neither one of them can manage to hold still when a good song is on...just like their mommy (I never quite could stop my booty from shaking)!

2) My pet peeves: negativity/bad attitudes, inflexibility/unwillingness to change things, rudeness/meanness, and disrespect.

3) I don't really have a "passion" in life. I see people on TV shows that drop everything to pursue their dreams: singing, being a Dr., acting, cooking, dancing, playing a sport, etc. I don't really have anything that I enjoy that much, or that I'm that good at. I guess you could say that my passion is my family and friends. I would do anything for them...does that count?

4) There is a State Farm commercial that makes me cry every time. Here's a link, in case you haven't seen it...or could just use a good cry: www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fW8jMWiLXo

5) One of my favorite songs on the radio right now is Ima Be by the Black Eyed Peas. Ooh when that song comes on, I can't help but dance! My heartfelt apologies go out to all of the drivers who have seen me shamelessly groove to this song while driving (keeping 1 hand on the wheel and my eyes on the road, of course).

6) I used to be really in to bras. In High School, that was my splurge. I worked, and I didn't have bills, so occasionally I would just go buy new pretty bras just because. Trust me, no one was seeing them. It was just a little something I did for myself. Now I just can't bring myself to spend the money on new bras unless the ones I've got are virtually falling apart. It doesn't matter if I've lost weight and "the girls" are merely swimming in the old bras. It's still hard for me to rationalize spending the money on myself. What happened?! Why did shopping for myself (not just with bras, but any new clothes/shoes) go from something I felt good about to something I feel guilty about?

7) Cellulite...check. Rolls when I sit...check. Jiggling even after I stop moving...check. The knowledge that if I just worked out from time to time some of that would go away...check. The desire to do anything about it....NOPE!

8) I confess...I have no desire to see Avatar. GASP! I know, I know. I'm sure it's good in it's own way, for what it is. Yes, I know the concept. Yes, I know the special effects are amazing. But I'll just wait for the DVD to see blue people with tails that can plug themselves into things, thanks.

9) Words that I spell using "tricks": together (to get her...by my 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Webb), bananas (in the song Holla Back Girl by Gwenn Steffani), dessert/desert (I want 2 desserts, so dessert has 2 s's), principal/principle (your principal is your "pal")

10) I think I thrive on being busy. I am far more productive during the school year when I have so many things going on at the same time than I am during the summer. I think it forces me to have a schedule that I have to stick to. There are deadlines that have to be adhered to, and it makes me get things done. However, even if I make myself a schedule during the summer, in the back of my mind I know that it's not a real schedule, and if I don't stick to it it's no big deal. So, I often let things go, forget what it is I'm supposed to be doing, etc.

11) That being said, if my schedule/calendar/to do list is not right in front of me...it's forgotten. As soon as I step out of my classroom, if someone asks me what's happening later that week, I can't tell them. If the groceries are not on the list, they don't get bought. My life is on Sticky Notes!

12) The kids have really gotten into all of the old school cartoons lately. They're on Boomerang. You know, Tom & Jerry, The Jetsons, and The Flintstones? Crazy, huh?

13) How surreal is it for shows that I watched as a kid (The Cosby Show, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, etc.) to be playing on Nick at Nite?! I mean, when I was a kid, Nick at Nite was a place for black and white shows like Donna Reed and Leave it to Beaver (which aired 30 years prior). But now a mere 20, 15, and in some cases less than 10 years later classifies a show as being old enough for Nick at Nite. What's wrong with that picture? I'm not that old, yet!

14) I like to multi-task. Sometimes it's actually true multi-tasking like when I'm grading papers, watching TV, and making sure the kids are brushing teeth and getting ready for bed all at once. But sometimes it leads to starting one task, getting bored with it, switching to another task until I get bored with it, etc. But, if I do end up doing something like that I won't ever just leave those things unfinished. I won't let myself stop until all of them are done.

15) My wedding was a perfect day. Sure, Dad cried so much that he had to have is pictures retaken after the ceremony. Sure, I ended up with what looked more like weeds than flowers on my cake. Sure, my boquet was mostly white roses with a few lavender ones sprinkled in when it was supposed to be the other way around. But it was truly a wonderful, blessed, joyful day in which I think everyone was in good spirits and enjoyed themselves.

16) I was a terrible Matron of Honor to my sister. Unfortunately at that time, Hannah was just at baby. And anyone who knew Hannah as a baby know that that means she was crying...all of the time! I spent a good chunk of my time at Jaime's wedding shower upstairs nursing Hannah. My brother-in-law, Joel, had to keep Hannah in the cry room at church during the ceremony, because the wouldn't stop crying. And I missed almost all of the reception, because Hannah was STILL crying. Sorry, Jaime!

17) I've always wanted to go to: New York (heck, all of New England), Italy (especially Rome, Venice, and Florence), California, Africa (on a real safari), and Hawaii.

18) The kids got hamsters for Mason's birthday (and an early birthday for Hannah). Their names sound like a folk band from the 70's...Bootsie and Cotton.

19) Kevin, his brother, and a friend or 2 are going to Canton, OH to see Emmitt Smith smith be enshrined in the NFL Hall of Fame in August. I'm quite jealous...but it'll be good for him to have a guy's trip.

20) I've forgotten what it feels like to just feel good.

21) I worry that I let my health effect those around me too much. As much as I try not to let it affect the kids or my work, it just does. I'm tired, so I'm not as active with the kids as they'd like. When I don't feel good, I can be cranky...I know I let it out on Kevin (sorry about that, Cakes), but I hope I don't come off as irritable at school, too.

22) It's taken me quite a while to finish this post, because I got side tracked with an idea for another post. (I know, the suspense is killing you, isn't it?)

23) I'd like to have all of the Harry Potter DVD's for my collection. I had been thinking I'd just wait until they all came out and ask for the boxed set as a gift....but then I just realized how expensive that might be. So to anyone reading this that is someone who gives me gifts, maybe giving me 1 DVD per gift giving occasion might be a better idea.

24) I'm on a "bland" diet per Dr.'s orders right now, which of course means that I have serious cravings for: a double cheeseburger from McDonalds, a butterfinger Blizzard from Dairy Queen, a cuban sandwich from Hooters, and some white chocolate cupcakes from Candy Haven.

25) I'm anxiously awaiting Mom's next 25 random things note on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment