Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Time Flies...

~ My little Mason will be 5 years old tomorrow. How can it be possible?! I know it's a cliche, but sometimes it really does seem like only yesterday that he was a baby. First it's gonna be dismissal from speech, then it's going to be Kindergarten in a few months. Next thing you know he's going to be playing High School football, going to parties, and having girls flocking to him left and right!

~ No matter how good or bad, or how slowly a school year seems to be going at the time...before you know it, you're planning the 5th 6 weeks and can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

~ Just when you think that you've got plenty of time to get everything done, time is suddenly up, and you didn't get half of what you wanted to accomplish done! I've got a to do list that seems to get 3 things crossed off and 4 things added on!

~ My best friend from all the way back in 3rd grade is having a birthday today. It really got me thinking...and I just can't believe she's been a part of my life for 22 years! Happy Birthday, Jenn!

~ Kevin first came into my life 11 years ago, when he walked into Pizza Hut in Abilene. I was a waitress, and he was a delivery driver. We were friends right away...I couldn't get enough of his sense of humor and love of great music. It only took 2 months for us to start dating, and I've had the huge (and annoying) task of waking him up ever since (although back then it was through many a repeated phone call...and I do mean many)!

~ The greatest show ever made (Lost, in case you didn't know) started it's final season last night. It's an amazing show that never ceases to amaze and frustrate me every week. I can't wait to see what it has in store. And I can't believe it's been on for 6 years already!


Anyway, whether your having fun or not, time sure seems to have a way of slipping right through your fingers. These are just a few of the realizations that have come to me in the past day or 2, but they really help you to see how important it is to make the most your time while you've got it. Do the things you love with the people you love...everything else can wait (at least for a little while).

**I choose to take my advice from Ellen DeGeneres: "Procrastination is not the problem. It is the solution. It is the universe's way of saying stop, slow down, you move too fast. Listen to the music.....so procrastinate now, don't put it off"!

1 comment:

  1. Man, we are old! 22 years!
    So glad we are still friends!

    ReplyDelete