Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Resolutions...

I've never been one for making New Year's Resolutions before. Maybe I set various goals throughout the year...maybe I'm just lazy...who knows?! But you know, if you never set goals then you never have to be disappointed when you don't reach them, right?

Seriously though, there are some things I'd like to work on:

~ Cooking/eating more healthily. I don't eat terribly as it is, but I could definitely use more fruits and vegetables (especially vegetables) in my diet.

~ Being even more sarcastic. I know...it's hard to imagine me being sarcastic at all. :)

~ Exercising...in some way...at least semi-regularly. I know I set my alarm 15 minutes early every day in the hopes that I might actually do something. But I'm going to try harder this year. No, really, I mean it!

~ Winning the lottery...or some other large cash prize. But really, I'm not greedy. I don't need a whole million dollars or anything, maybe just an extra 20K or so. That's not too much to ask, is it? :)

~ Being more active with the kids. I hate seeing their disappointment when I tell them that I'm not feeling well, or I'm tired. As true as those things are, I need to suck it up a bit more often.

~ Writing letters. As much as I love facebook, blogging, and email (and as much as I know everyone enjoys my messages and posts), there's something about getting mail that isn't a bill that is really nice. And maybe...just maybe some of the people I write will actually return the favor.


Well, that's just a few. And I may work on some more than others. But here's wishing everyone a (belated) Happy New Year!

:)

2 comments:

  1. Resolution: there are three synonyms of this word that I really like...courage, determination and perseverance. It seems to me that it's the journey that's important here, not necessarily the outcome. Failure, unfortunately, IS an option, but for most of us it's just a setback or a reality check. It's the trying again that really counts. Isn't courage the ability to keep getting back up when the world knocks you down? It's that need inside of us to try to be a better person. If we give up on that, what's left? Go ahead. Make a resolution. And then make it again next year, and the next, and the next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, mom...that was deep! Well said!

    ReplyDelete