Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Remember...

Here are just a few random memories from various stages in my life.....


~ how in 5th grade, all of the girls had a crush on the first boy to get hair on his legs...because that made him so mature!

~ being SO excited every time we were going to drive to South Dakota to visit our cousins and Aunts and Uncles. We always had such a good time. Now it's been 6 years since I've seen any of them, but I'm still excited about seeing them in June!

~ driving with Dad to go do jobs with him. If the radio got turned down, it meant there was going to be "a talk"....so it was best to lean your head against the window so you could pretend to be asleep in an attempt to avoid those conversations.

~ how from 5th grade on, ever year Mom and Dad would tell us we were probably going to move out of town to live on the ranch. So every year, I would say good-bye to my friends (yes, I had some)...and then nothing ever happened. Finally around 8th grade, I stopped believing it would ever happen...and I was right.

~ going to my friends after having my first kiss and asking them if it was really supposed to be like that, and feeling such relief when they said that no, it was most definitely not supposed to be like that.

~ going on my first date with Kevin to one of the local clubs, which was not where I told my parents we were going. I was actually old enough to get in, but I didn't know that until after I tried to get in by telling the doorman that I left my ID at home. When the dude finally told me that he just needed to see something that showed I was at least 17 years old, I said, "Oh, OK!"...and showed him my license. I know...I was smooth.

~ going dancing with the girls at a club in Port Aransas and seeing this transvestite that we all found it hard to take our eyes off of. He/she had suckered this chubby nerdy man into dancing with him/her several times throughout the night. He/she would lay on the table and kick his/her legs in the air while wearing a short denim skirt. When he/she wasn't dancing with that poor schmuck, he/she would dance on a pole. Well...it was an unfinished wood, square support beam that he/she was using as a pole. I don't know how he/she wasn't covered in splinters!


If any of you remember any of these, please leave a comment with any added details or memories from your prospective...

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to hear more about that first kiss....was it a good one or a bad one? I get the impression it wasn't good. Just how bad was it? Mine was a good one. Really sweet.

    For the record, I was just as upset as all of you kids every year when Dad would tell me that we would be moving out to the farm. I just always prayed that we wouldn't have to. I'm still praying. I like where I'm at. My roots run deep.

    So-o-o-o, you lied to your parents????? Shock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was there for the transvestite...LOL... That was soooooo much fun. Did we ever stop dancing..well except miss Tosha.She however was able to watch him so much that she was able to entertain us by doing an impersonation of him... tooo funny... I wonder if she can still do it.

    ReplyDelete