Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009...

Once again...I am blessed! I have a wonderful family that I actually ENJOY going home to visit. Some people say, "Wow! Isn't a week a long time for you to be out of your house and with your family?!" And while yes, it is always good to be back in my own house, I always truly enjoy my time in Abilene...with my family and Kevin's!

Hannah came to me a few weeks a go and told me how it would be a good idea if she and Mason got rid of some old toys to make room for all of the new stuff they'd be getting at Christmas. They made a big pile of toys that were in poor condition and needed to be thrown away. They made another big pile of toys that were good enough to give away. And it's a good thing, becaus the kids are blessed, too! Blessed with parents, Godparents, friends, and aunts & unlces that love them and have spoiled them with gifts galore!

On a sadder note, this was the first Christmas in 10 years that Kevin and I didn't get to celebrate together. When the kids and I left on Tuesday, Kevin had to stay behind for work. And with our unexpected "White Christmas" came interstate closings that prevented him from making it home on Christmas Eve. But no worries, he's on his way now!

On a happier note, he and I will be getting a MUCH needed get away! My wonderful brother-in-law, Joel, has given us a wonderful gift. We will be leaving the kids with Grandma and Grandpa while we go to Ruiodosa, New Mexico for 2 nights! The closest thing we've come to having a get away in the last 3 years is when I've had to go down to Houston for bone marrow tests...and I don't really think those count!

I also got to catch up with some of my very dear High School friends (a few of whom are also fellow-bloggers)! We brought our kids and spouses (except for me, of course) to Chuck E. Cheese. It was great to finally be able to meet everyone's kids! And it was the first time all of us have been able to get together in 10 years....WOW how time flies!

When we finally do get back home to Denton, I will have 5 days to rest and relax (yeah, right) in my own house before getting back to work. It's been a WONDERFUL Christmas, and I am SO blessed to have friends and family to share it with!

:)

1 comment:

  1. You are wonderful cakes! I've been reading but not posting any comments. I was sad about Kevin too.

    ReplyDelete