Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year...

A belated Happy New Year to you all (however few of you there are that actually still read my ramblings)!!!

**I've said this before, but it still holds true this year. I'm generally not a fan of resolutions. That's pretty much due to the fact that I'm not very good about keeping them. My heart's in the right place, but either due to laziness...or forgetfulness (or maybe a little of both) those things just don't get done. So for the sake of saving time (for me anyway) I'm going to stick with my "resolutions" from last year (check out that link to read the brilliantly worded post). Now, don't scoff! I actually did make progress with most of those things, but there's always room for improvement, right?!

Now on to better (or at least more fun) things...

**With a new year comes new experiences. The first new experience of the year was Six Flags. We took the kids (along with our friend, Ashley, and her son, Ashton) to Six Flags for the first time yesterday! We got season passes as part of Christmas this year. Now, it's definitely not going to be something that we do every year (it would take the excitement, newness, and "specialness" out of it). But nonetheless, we went. And it was AWESOME! Although I've gotten older, I still love the rides. I took some preemptive Tylenol to keep the headaches to a minimum, and I was ready to rock and roll! I was amazed and quite proud of how brave Hannah and Mason were. When I was their age, I was not nearly as adventurous...and neither was Kevin. They must get it from their Aunt Jaime and their Uncles Brad and Josh...and their Grandpa.

Anyway, they were incredible. They went on every ride they were allowed to go on (which was almost all of them), and even some that they weren't quite tall enough for (that was all Kevin, by the way). Hannah was all about it. There was no stopping her. She wasn't even scared...just excited! Mason got a little scared before and during some of the rides, but he was all smiles after (maybe he was happy to be alive, but he also screamed about how awesome it was). Check out this link for a super-sweet video! Some of the coolest rides were closed, but it was still fantastic! Everything was decorated for Holiday in the Park, we got free refills on our hot chocolate and there were fire pits all around the park (both of which were very needed, because it was super cold), and there was even a snow (ice) hill for the kids to sled down!! The kids had a wonderful time, and so did we. It is sure to be a fun-filled year. We told the kids that their tickets are good all year...for as many times as...we want to take them. :)

Even without Six Flags, I can't wait to see what this year holds for us...and the rest of you! And as Nina Simone, Michael Buble, and Muse (depending on which version you prefer) have all said, "It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life" and a new year "for me....and I'm feeling good".

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I wish I would have went. The video's were so fun. I thought about the kids yesterday when I sat down and prayed before lunch. I saw two mexican guys sit down and they did the blessing thing and I thought of the kids praying before meals...it was heart warming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, Joel...you're the sweetest! We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete