Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dear So and So...


Well, it's that time again. I was looking back through my blogs and I realized I haven't done one of these posts since March of last year. Sheesh! I guess I've had other snarky things to talk about. Here we go!



Dear Guest/Kids' Bathroom,

What is your problem? Why do you never smell clean? Even after washing the shower curtain and bath mat; scrubbing the shower, sink, floors, and toilet; and Febreezing everything, I can still smell stink! I'm hoping it's just me. Maybe your stink is just stuck in my nose. Hopefully other people can't smell you when they come over. I'm just so tired of you. I don't understand. Is the smell just embedded in the floors and walls now? Is there no hope? UGH!

Frustrated and slightly grossed out,
Cakes



Dear Feet,

Why are you so hard to find shoes for? I know you're huge, but I know you're not the only pair of big woman feet out there. Now, I am not one of those shoe loving women that has to have tons of shoes (although I think that might just be because there aren't tons of shoes available), but I don't think that me wanting closed toe shoes (that aren't sneakers) to cover you in the winter is all that unreasonable. I'm sorry that department stores don't carry shoes big enough to fit you without having to special order. I'm sorry that I can't afford to spend a small fortune on you. I'm sorry that you don't get to look as cute as all the other lady feet out there.

Apologetic and maybe a little bit jealous,
Cakes



Dear First Snow,

You look so beautiful! I love watching you fall. I just got done drinking a glass of hot cocoa with the kids while we stared out the windows at you. It was lovely. We were prentending we lived in the mountains (or Mason said the North Pole or South Pole) and we got to do this all the time. I'm looking forward to making a snowman or two out of you later. Thanks for turning this rainy Sunday in to a fun day!

Very appreciative,
Cakes



Dear KitchenAid Stand Mixer,

How have I made it so long without you? Or maybe the better question is why I have put off getting you for so long. I always talked myself out of needing you, because (let's face it) you're expensive. I said things like, "I'm sure my cookies won't turn out as good if I don't mix them by hand." or "I probably wouldn't use it enough to make it worth the cost." But the truth is...I love you! I'm so glad the other cakes decided to spoil me with you, knowing that I would never buy you for myself.

Very fortunate,
Cakes



Dear Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief,

Although I have never read your book, I am really enjoying your movie. For anyone who remembers anything about their Greek mythology from books like The Odessy and The Iliad, you're really very clever. For those who don't remember, you're still probably plenty entertaining. I think I just might have to read your books now. Thanks for entertaining me today.

Possible new book fan,
Cakes


Dear Jury Duty,

Is it wrong for me to be so excited about having you?! Most people dread it, but it's getting me out of the classroom for a day so yeah, I'm a little excited. :) I probably won't be lucky enough for you to pick me, but something tells me I wouldn't mind too much.

Looking forward to it,
Cakes

2 comments:

  1. Come to SD Tracy...the snow won't seem "pretty". Good luck with Jury Duty.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think serving on a jury is something everyone should experience at least once. I've never dreaded going, just never wanted to be picked for any case involving harm to a child. My one time to serve was interesting. Wasn't pleased with the outcome, but feel I did my part at least.
    Ah, Carrie, new snow is always pretty I think. There's something fascinating about giant drifts after a blizzard that seem to undulate like waves in the ocean. Being out in it is another story, but just looking at it can be wondrous.
    Old arthritic feet that have been broken are equally as hard to fit with shoes. I feel your pain. We just want something pretty after all.

    ReplyDelete