Monday, January 21, 2019

25 Random Things (with a bit of a Love theme this time)...


  1. I spent far too long looking for a video for the top of this post.  Not that I didn't enjoy the time watching videos of songs like:  Is This Love, I Will Always Love You, I Wanna Know What Love Is, etc.  But it was still far too long.  Then, I remembered that since God IS love, that this video (while an awesome compilation in it's own right) would work just fine.   :)  Hopefully it made you smile (and maybe tear up) as much as it did me.
  2. Kathy Najimy, in these movies, might be my spirit animal.
  3. Somehow, we tend to get dogs with under bites.  The two we have now both have them, while one is much more severe than the other.  And while they could be the spokes-dogs for doggie braces, we think it gives them character. 
  4. While we seem to be inundated with images of hate and anger everywhere we look, from the news to social media, I try to make a conscious effort to only take part in and share love and positivity. 
  5. I've been wanting to maybe start listening to podcasts.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  I have NO IDEA where to start.
  6. I've been finding myself getting lost on a rabbit trail of recommended videos on Facebook lately.  I'll click on one of the recommended videos, it will usually make me laugh and immediately start another video, and the cycle continues until I snap out of it and realize that 30 minutes have gone by.
  7. I take comfort in the John Lennon quote, "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."
  8. When I was in high school, one of my youth group leaders told me that I would be a great counselor some day.  I knew then, and I still know now, that I would be a terrible counselor.  My intentions would be pure, but I am far too emotional to be any good for anyone in need of actual counseling.  However, if you are ever looking for someone to cry WITH you or maybe even more than you to make you feel like you're actually not doing so bad after all, I'm your guy.
  9. I do think, though, that I would be a good academic or career counselor.  Or maybe someone who works behind the scenes at a charity.  I have a huge desire to help people, but due to the fact that my heart is on my sleeve...and pant leg...and shoe...and everywhere else, I don't think I would be the best at providing strength and comfort in trying times.
  10. My brother-in-law shared this song/video with some of us yesterday.  It is long, but so worth the listen/watch.  I'm sure each time you do a different part will resonate with you, but this is the part that stuck with me yesterday:  “Every precious one, a child you died to save. If you gave your life to love them, so will I.” 
  11. We are called to love one another.  Fundamentally, that's it.  Love one another.  As the Beatles said, "All you need is love".
  12. Yesterday Hannah and Mason discovered, after almost 3 years in this house and at the ages of almost 14 and 16, that our entirely tile-floored downstairs is perfect for scooter-riding.  They dug their old Razor Scooters out of the garage and have been riding all over the place.  OK, maybe Kevin and I rode a little, too.  OK, maybe I've also been thinking about digging out my roller-blades and giving that a go, too.
  13. Mondays off during the school year are one of my favorite things.
  14. I never really realized how bad I felt for the last 12 years until I realized how good I've been feeling lately.  This being the first time I have not been taking any medications (for Leukemia, Pulmonary Hypertension, or anything else) and have not had to deal with their side-effects or the illnesses themselves.  I have much more energy and am so much more comfortable than I have been in a long time.  I had forgotten what it felt like to feel good.  Must be why I find myself dancing so much at home (Kevin has some super embarrassing videos to prove it).  God is good!
  15. I love decorating birthday parties for the kids.  But sadly, I think those times are over.  They're growing up, and let's be honest:  it's going to be hard to top The Office theme Mason had last year.
  16. Some of my favorite Mother Teresa quotes:  “Not all of us can do great things.  But we can do small things with great love.”, "Spread love everywhere you go.  Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.", "Let us always meet each other with a smile, for a smile is the beginning of love.", "If you judge people, you have no time to love them.", "Do ordinary things with extraordinary love.", "It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.", and "If you want to change the world, go home and love your family."
  17. I love blogging.  I have missed blogging.  I've been wanting to do another post for quite a while, but I haven't been able to think of something I wanted to blog about.  Thus, this blog about a lot of little things.  Maybe I'll do a regular post about one thing some time soon.  Or maybe I won't.  We'll see.
  18. I still can't believe I will be the mother of 2 high-schoolers in a few months!  Where did the time go?!
  19. You know how I mentioned getting lost down a rabbit hole earlier?  Well, I just did it again.  I was looking for a good video to go with #11's All You Need is Love, YouTube had a suggested video for Mad Lib Theater on Jimmy Fallon that I just had to watch.  And oh, the silly nonsense!  I laughed and laughed as I watched one after the other.  Go ahead...you know you want to watch:  Benedict Cumberbatch, Chris Pratt, Kristen Wiig and many more.  In fact, just go here, if you're a fan of silliness.
  20. I've seen a lot of posts on Facebook lately about bosses and workplaces that are rude, disrespectful, and completely rigid and/or not understanding.  I am so thankful that I work in a place full of understanding and flexible people with a boss that leads with love, has my back, and truly believes that family comes first.
  21. Hannah has instructed me to say that I have the cutest dogs in the world.  But seriously, they are pretty cute.  Cute enough to put on socks.  And if you're interested in doing the same, www.divvyupsocks.com does a great job.
  22. Although I am a pretty achievement-oriented person, I am also pretty lazy.  I love not doing anything.  Nothing is one of my favorite things to do.
  23. You know we are huge fans of The Office.  Kevin and I saw the movie, Dan in Real Life, years ago...before we ever started watching The Office.  We really enjoyed it.  We recently watched it again, with the kids this time, and we loved it even more.  It's a truly enjoyable movie about love, but it's made even better by being fans of The Office.  Steve Carell's character in the movie has some Michael Scott-esque scenes.  You should check it out.
  24. Speaking of movies about love, I've always been a huge fan of rom-coms and just love stories in general.  Hannah isn't so much, and it kind of drives me nuts. 
  25. In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, here are some of my favorite quotes from him:  "I have decided to stick with love.  Hate is too great a burden to bear.", "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.  Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.", "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment