Saturday, October 13, 2018

Movies and Music...



I grew up with a family that loved movies and music.  Some of my favorite memories of home involve movie nights, movie games, singing in the car on road trips, choreographing and performing some pretty amazing dance routines, etc.  We loved going to movies as a family and with friends.  We loved listening to records, tapes, and CD's.  When I started dating Kevin, he had a shared love of movies and music.  Some of my favorite memories of these dating years are wrapped up in the movies we went to see on dates, and the music we would listen to while driving back and forth from San Angelo and Cisco to Abilene.

I have always loved movie soundtracks and scores.  I love that they have a variety of artists all on the same album.  I love that the music can tell just as much of a story as the actual movie.  Recently, two movies have stood out:  The Greatest Showman and A Star is Born.  Hopefully we are passing this love onto Hannah and Mason.  We must be doing an OK job, if they are as excited about the upcoming Bohemian Rhapsody movie as we are!  That being said, I'm going to list some of my favorite music movies...or just movies whose music I love.  And I just know I'll miss some great ones, so feel free to add some of your favorites!  Here you go, in no particular order:
  • The Greatest Showman
  • A Star is Born
  • August Rush
  • Begin Again
  • Dirty Dancing
  • Footloose
  • Dream Girls
  • Moulin Rouge
  • the Harry Potter movies
  • Armageddon
  • Forest Gump
  • Almost Famous 
  • Rockstar
  • Mr. Holland’s Opus
  • Blown Away
  • Last of the Mohicans
  • Dances With Wolves
  • Music and Lyrics
  • 8 Mile
  • Across the Universe
  • School of Rock
  • La La Land
  • Rocky 4
  • Body Guard
  • Sister Act and Sister Act 2
  • Gnomeo and Juliet
  • Romeo and Juliet (1996)
  • That Thing You Do
  • Grease
  • The Holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment