Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Looking Ahead...

 
This is going to be a fairly short blog post, but I just couldn't let a New Year's go by without posting something.  And as this new year begins, I find myself looking forward.  You know how when you go to a movie, you look forward to the previews almost as much as you do the actual movie?  Well, think of 2013 as the "movie", and this post a "preview".  2013 is looking to be a big year in several ways:

~ Babies
  • I will get regular baby-time with my bestie's new baby, Quinn. 
  • My little brother and his wife are expecting their first child in June.
  • My sister and her husband are expecting their third child in August.
             **SO EXCITED!!!!

~ Birthdays
  • My sweet Hannah is turning 10...a whole decade old! 
  • Several friends of ours are turning 30.
                   
~ Anniversaries
  • My parents' 40th wedding anniversary is in December. (amazing, right?)
  • August 28 will be the 7th anniversary of my leukemia diagnosis. (I know 7 years seems like a weird landmark, but I'll explain in a blog later.)
  • August will also begin my 10th year of teaching.

~ Faith
  • Mason will have his First Communion in May.
  • My new nieces/nephews will be getting baptised. 

I'm sure many there are other landmark events that I am overlooking, but we'll get to them in good time.  I mean, how good would a preview be if it gave away all of the best parts?!

All that being said, you will notice that none of those things have anything to do with resolutions.  As I've blogged about before, I'm not big on making resolutions, because there's nothing about a new year that makes my goals any different than they are the rest of the year.  And...I'm no fool:

"He who breaks a resolution is a weakling; He who makes one is a fool."   – F.M. Knowles,
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment