Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bob and Beth...

I've been thinking a lot about these two people lately.  About how amazing they must have been.  They raised 4 wonderful people that I am so privileged to have in my life.  They instilled in their children:  determination, generosity, integrity, and a sense of humor.  They modeled for their children what a successful, happy marriage looks like.

They are my mother-in-law and father-in-law.  I think about them often.  I wonder what they would have thought when Kevin brought me home for the first time.  I wonder what they would have said to me on our wedding day.  I wonder what they would think of how we are raising their grandchildren.  I wonder if I am making them proud...being the kind of wife they would have wanted for their son (their baby)...the kind of mother they would have wanted for their grand kids.

I imagine Bob and my dad hitting it off.  From the stories I've heard, they'd have some stories to share.  I picture Beth and my mom being great friends...cut from the same cloth.  I wonder.  I imagine.  I pray.

I know that by knowing and loving their children, I am knowing at least a little bit of them.  The unending kindness, understanding, and strength of their oldest daughter...the devotion, generosity, and dependability of their oldest son...the determination, resiliency, and gentle spirit of their youngest daughter...the integrity, commitment, and ingenuity (not to mention, rugged good looks) of their youngest son.

These wonderful traits had to come from somewhere, right? 

So here's to Bob and Beth Prickett.  I thank you, I think of you, and I pray for you often.

No comments:

Post a Comment