Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Plexers, Wuzzles, and Logic Oh My...

Some of you might be thinking...what on earth are plexers and wuzzles?
                                               
Well, they are word picture puzzles that tend to get you  tholostught.  I LOVE them.  I think they are so much fun!  My first experience with them was when I was a kid.  My mom got a sheet of Christmas themed plexers (from one of her sisters, I think), and I've been hooked ever since.  They are super clever.  Some, of course, are easier than others, but they're a great way to tease your brain every now and again. 

I don't have much else to say about them, so I'll just share a couple that I found online, as well as links to some others.  Have fun!




For more, you can check out:
http://www.wuzzlesandpuzzles.com/wuzzles/ (which just might be one of the coolest websites I've ever seen...)
http://www.princeton.edu/~distract/allpuzzles.html (look under wacky wordies for some themed plexers)
http://myfunteacher.com/plexers.htm


And while we're on the topic of brain teasers...  Did anyone else love Logic Problems as a kid?!  (OK, yes.  This post is really allowing me to unleash my inner nerd.)  In case you weren't as nerdy awesome as me when you were in school, this is an example of a logic problem ('m sure you'll recognize it when you see it):  


If you're interested, here's a fun little website with some logic problems that you can play online (but be careful...you could easily waste hours on here...):  http://www.puzzles.com/projects/LogicProblemsArchive.html

ENJOY!

6 comments:

  1. Can you gibe us the answer to the one that looks like cake spelled wrong? We can't fogure it out!
    Joel@fcrinc.net

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the answers to the two puzzles above?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the answer to picket picket picket picket? Send it to ewwijsheajek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out the Digital Recess store on Teachers pay teachers! Animated "Wuzzles" game called Wordplexers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you give they answers to the plexers?

    ReplyDelete