Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love Songs...

Can you feel the love tonight?  Well, I can.  And I'm not a stickler when it comes to Valentine's Day, but in honor of love, I though it would be fitting to talk about some of the greatest love songs ever (in no particular order).

Movie Love Songs
~ "Everything I do" by Bryan Adams = from Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves...(video)
~ "Kissing You" by Des'ree = from Romeo + Juliet...(video)
~ "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers = from Ghost...(video)
~ "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel = from Say Anything...(video 1) (video 2)
~ "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith = from Armageddon...(video)
~ "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin = from Top Gun...(video)
~ "Up Where We Belong" by Joe Cocker = from Officer and a Gentleman...(video)
~ "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston = from The Bodyguard...(video)
~ "Come What May" by Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman = from Moulin Rouge...(video)
~ "When You Say Nothing At All" by Alison Krauss = from The Other Sister...(video)
~ "Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion = from Up Cloase and Personal...(video)
~ "When a Man Loves a Woman" by Percy Sledge = from When a Man Loves a Woman...(video)

Other Great Love Songs (which I'm sure have also been in movies)
~ "At Last" by Etta James...(video)
~ "Have I Told You Lately" by Rod Stewart...(video)
~ "Remember When" by Alan Jackson...(video)
~ "With or Without You" by U2...(video)
~ "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton...(video)
~ "Love, Me" by Collin Raye...(video)

...yes there are MANY I'm leaving out, but that's where you come in!

Love Song Dedications (I spent many a night in middle school and high school wishing someone would dedicate a song to me on the radio.  So, right now I'd like to live vicariously through Kevin and dedicate the rest of these to Cakes...just a few of our/his favorites...it's kind of a mixed tape via blog!)   :)
~ "Free" by Zac Brown Band...(video)
~ "All My Life" by KC and JoJo...(video)
~ "Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova = from Once...(video)
~ "You're My Best Friend" by Tim McGraw...(video) (because, you know, we are just like Tim McGraw and Faith Hill)
~ "Faithfully" by Journey...(video)
~ "More Than Words" by Extreme...(video)
~ "Glory of Love" by Peter Cetera from The Karate Kid II...(video)
~ "Amazed" by Lone Star...(video)
~ "Beth" by Kiss...(video)
~ "To Make You Feel My Love" by Garth Brooks = from Hope Floats...(video)

Well, if you managed to make it through without gagging, I hope you at least enjoyed the music.  And as always, it's your turn to post some of your favorite sappy love songs.  Happy Valentine's Day to you ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment