Monday, May 3, 2010

Calling all Wine Snobs...

OK, I know there are a lot of people out there in the world that LOVE wine. And I happen to know a handful of them...and at least a few of those read this blog. So, Kevin and I need help. We are looking to go beyond Arbor Mist (I know, I can hear the hisses, boos, and moans now). What we're looking for right now is red wine. Kevin's looking to lower his cholesterol (no, wine isn't the only thing we're doing on that front), and I'm looking to increase my classiness (as if that were even possible).

We found a wine that we like when we were out at dinner with a friend (how 'bout a shout out to our friend Elliott)...Riunite Lambrusco. We can find it at the local liquor stores and even at Walmart (which may mean that it's not so good after all). It's a chilled, sweet red wine which I think is more up our alley than a room temperature red.

But I think we may be open to trying some different reds...we just don't want to have to snurl our lips with every sip. So, to all of you wine-o's out there...please post a comment suggesting a good red wine or two.

Thanks!!! And happy drinking!

4 comments:

  1. I can't help you much. I prefer a good chilled white wine myself. I'm partial to the Chardonnays and Reislings. (sweet ya know!)
    We've been going to Carinos the last Tuesday of every month for their four course meal and wine tasting event. Different menu every month. I had a really good red with the main course but can't remember the name of it. A nice warm red can make you feel nice and warm yourself! If I can drink a red and like it, there's hope for everyone.
    Dad and I used to love Riunite Lambrusco, and it's technically not a red, but a rose`. I like it chilled as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this is going to sound so redneck...

    We keep a box of wine in the fridge for nightly drinking...bottles for fancy nights. But ya'll might like the box we have, Franzia, chillable red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not above being redneck...I'll definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I am in shock with all this wine talk. Shall I send you my suggestion for the best crumpets this side of the Atlantic. Perhaps I can buy Kevin a turtle neck sweater or even a cardigan for his upcoming birthday. Two words….MD 20/20!

    ReplyDelete