Friday, July 26, 2019

Playing Favorites...

I'm always a sucker for those surveys that pop up on facebook.  In fact, I'll usually participate whether I was invited to or not...and whether I've already done that one or not (which I probably already have).  And I know I've done similar posts before (about 20 questions, favorite things, etc.), but what's one more going to hurt?  I tried to include some things that I haven't seen on other surveys, along with some oldies but goodies.  So this post is like a facebook survey on steroids.  And since it's all about favorite things, it got me thinking about my favorite annoying kids tv show song (no one ever seems to know what I'm talking about when I bring it up, so I found the video).  And my favorite part of my favorite annoying kids tv show song is the part about peanut butter crackers...and the chorus, of course...you'll see:  
  1. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)?  Mr. Gibson and Mr. Coffey
  2. What was your favorite toy growing up?  my Cabbage Patch Premie doll, named Stacy
  3. Who is/are your favorite historical figures (s)?  Off the top of my head, I'm going to go with Mother Teresa.  She has so many wonderful quotes about love and kindness.
  4. What's your favorite memory from Kindergarten? the way my teacher bragged on my sailboat picture
  5. Favorite TV shows?  LOST, Friends, The Office...and many others
  6. What's your favorite chore? vacuuming
  7. What was your favorite thing about High School?  definitely being part of the Awesome Cooper Band 
  8. Favorite book(s)? Harry Potter, Hunger Games, The Notebook...recently Scythe (a new series) and Lisa Scottoline books
  9. What's your favorite holiday? Christmas and Thanksgiving
  10. Favorite foods?  appetizers
  11. Who's our favorite super hero?  Wolverine
  12. Favorite movie soundtrack?  Forest Gump, A Star is Born, Top Gun, Dirty Dancing, Rocky 4, The Greatest Showman, Blown Away, Dances with Wolves, Harry Potter...
  13. What was your favorite family vacation from childhood?  All of our road trips to South Dakota
  14. What's your favorite vacation as an adult?  Honeymoon, Florida with the kids, and California with the kids
  15. Favorite comedian and/or stand up act?  Dave Chappelle, Ellen Degeneres:  Here and Now, Bill Cosby:  Himself, Jim Gaffigan, Eddie Murphy:  Delirious
  16. What's your favorite thing about one of your grandparents?  the only one I remember is Grandma Elaine...I loved her faith most of all, but I also loved her root beer floats, her scalding hot water, her cramped and cluttered house, and her frog rock
  17. What's your favorite smell in the whole world?  babies (Kevin wearing cologne is a close second)
  18. What's your favorite invention?  probably electricity and all of the comforts that it provides
  19. What's your favorite time of day?  the quiet morning hours anywhere, or sunset on the water
  20. What's your favorite season? Fall
  21. Favorite sound? laughter and music
  22. What is your favorite movie quote?  Oh, gosh...if you know my family there are just way too many. But the first one to pop into my head was, "Raspberry.  Only one man would dare give me the raspberry.  Lonestar!"
  23. What's your favorite kind of sandwich? grilled cheese or peanut butter and jelly
  24. Favorite dessert/sweet? again...way too many for my sweet tooth, but I'll have to go with cake
  25. Favorite TV theme song? While there are a lot of good ones that I sing/hum along with (Cheers, Friends, The Office, Fresh Prince, etc.) the one that I can belt it out the best to is Golden Girls.   :)
  26. Favorite thing about having siblings?  laughter...and nieces & nephews
  27. What's your favorite piece of advice you've received?  be humble and kind
  28. What is your favorite Disney movie?  So many great ones, but I'll go with Little Mermaid from my childhood and Up from my adulthood
  29. What's your favorite concert you've ever been to?  Garth Brooks in Vegas and Tenacious D
  30. Favorite Bible verse?  Once again, there are oh-so-many.  But the one that is speaking to me today is:  Psalm 136: 1 

No comments:

Post a Comment