Monday, August 6, 2018

Laughter, Part 2...


This is one of my favorite quotes.  And laughter is one of my very favorite things.  My first blog post about it was here (it's worth checking out just to watch the commercial that's linked in it).  We laugh A LOT in our family...and in our marriage.  It's just the best.  I love how it sounds and how it feels.  I love how it lights up faces and fills a room.  I love when I make Kevin laugh.  It fills me with joy and pride.  I love when the kids are laughing with each other.  It also fills me with joy and pride.  I love when we get together with our siblings and their spouses/kids and the laughter is loud enough to be heard from outside the house.  So now, here are some random musings on laughter:

  • I have been told that my laugh is a bit like Julia Roberts'.  I would never dare compare myself with her, but who doesn't love her laugh?!  I'll take it as a compliment!


    • Now the answer to that question about 'who doesn't love her laugh' would apparently be Hannah, seeing as how she tends to roll her eyes and get embarrassed when I laugh in public...movies, restaurants, walking through the aisles at Walmart, or going to the mall with Kevin...




  • Some of the best laughs I know. (you'll just have to take my word for it, since I don't have video or audio of them...but if you have the privilege of knowing these people, then I'm sure you'll agree):

    • My sister-in-law, Heather (one of the first things I loved about her)
    • My friend, Jessica Gloria (you can't help but smile when you hear it)
    • My brother-in-law, Joel (AKA...wheezy mcgee)
    • Mason's no-holding-back laugh (usually at something inappropriate)
    • Hannah's mischievous giggles (also usually at something inappropriate)
    • Kevin's full-body-writhing laugh (it's something to behold)

  • You know how sometimes things just tickle you?  For some reason in that moment they're far funnier than they actually are?  Maybe on another day, or at a different moment in time, you wouldn't have had the same reaction (or over-reaction)?  Well 1 that comes to mind for me is: 
    • The labor scene from the movie, Nine Months.  Sure it's funny, but I know full well it's probably not as funny as it was when I watched it with my mom and we just both died...laughing until we cried and then laughing some more.  One of my all-time favorite moments with my mom.  And it still gets me.  Every time.  Maybe because I'm reliving the moment, but whatever the reason I love it!
  • My family LOVES watching TV together.  Our favorites are the ones that keep us laughing.  We can (and do) watch them over and over, and they never get less funny...especially The Office.
    • The Office
    • Friends
    • Parks and Rec
    • Bob's Burgers
    • The Goldbergs
I wish you all lives full of joy and laughter.     :)








     

1 comment:

  1. You guys are the cutest! May your house always be one that is filled with laughter!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete