Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Playlists...

So, I recently (actually, it was over a year ago, but I'm just now getting around to finishing this blog post) set up iTunes Match on my phone.  For those of you who don't know, it kind of lets you share your iTunes account with other people on your family plan, or vice versa.  So now, I have access to ALL of the music that Kevin has ever put on his account.  And there is a lot!  Plus now with Apple Music, I have access to more songs than I could have ever imagined.

And as I have been perusing all of the songs, I have been flooded with memories.  So many songs remind me of so many people.  With that, I have decided to create "playlists" for some of the important people in my life.  They may be songs that the other person likes, songs that were part of a moment we shared, or just songs whose tone or style just remind me of that person.  And since there are just far too many to list for Cakes (and because I've already done a similar blog post for him), he is going to be omitted from the list.  And I know there are many other people/memories/moments that I'm leaving off...but there's always future blog posts.

Here we go:

My Family Playlist
  • Enter Sandman, Plush, November Rain, A Boy Named Sue, Magic Carpet Ride, Mother (Brad)
  • Does He Love You, Stop in the Name of Love, Kissed by a Rose,  Everything I Do, Whatta Man, Short Shorts (Jaime)
  • Family Tradition, Rodeo, The Joker, Zamboni, Sweet Home Alabama, Longneck Bottle (Josh)
  • Little Red Riding Hood, One Week, Ain't to Proud to Beg, Coconut, All My Ex's Live in Texas, Ave Maria (Mom)
  •  I Swear, My Girl, Simple Man, In My Daddy's Hands, Land of A Thousand Dances, Make Me a Channel of Your Peace (Dad)
  • Lose Yourself, Picture, I Can Only Imagine, It's a Great Day to be Alive, One of These Days, Lane's Theme (Joel)
  • Don't Stop Believin', No Rain, 22, Someone Like You, It Won't be Like This for Long, Imma Be (Hannah)
  • Bohemian Rhapsody, TNT, Last Resort, We are the Champions, Magic, Whiskey's Gone (Mason)
My Friends Playlist
  • Blank Space, Nuthin' But a "G" Thang, Moves Like Jagger, Tik Tok, The Monster (Ashley)
  • Boogie Shoes, Shoop, Hammer Time, Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, Raise Your Glass (Kristin)
  • Semi Charmed Life, Friends in Low Places, Sunday Morning, Rock Your Body, The Wobble  (Katie)
  • Rodeo, Wonderwall, I Love a Rainy Night, Cryin' (Jessica)
  • My Heart Will Go On, Blue Clear Sky, Who Let the Dogs Out, Brick House, Sexy and I Know It (Tosha)
  • Total Eclipse, Love Song, Roar, September, Faith (Karen)
  • OMG, Ladies Night, Points of Authority/99 Problems, Melon Balls (Melanie)
  • Fancy, I Gotta Feeling, To Make You Feel My Love, Time to Say Goodbye (Angela)
  • Good Vibrations, Step by Step, Nothingman, Shameless, Push (Jenn)

I guess that's all for now.  For those of you who I didn't list this time...there's always next time (although at the rate I'm going, it could be a few years).  For those of you who are mentioned, I wonder if you have memories attached to any of these same songs.  Either way, I hope you all enjoy!

...and if you're not familiar with some of the songs, look them up, and enjoy a little more!

No comments:

Post a Comment