Friday, August 2, 2013

End of Summer...

As we are approaching the final days of summer, I have mixed emotions.  While I am SO sad to see summer end, I am SO ready for a break from my awesome kids.  (Albeit, I'll be trading days of my own obnoxious wonderful kids for days of other people's entitled amazing kids...but that's another story.)  My kids also have some mixed emotions going on.  This last week, they have been fluctuating somewhere between completely and totally bored to...wanting to kill each other.

Today was a perfect storm of those two feelings.  I had to resort to drastic measures:  toilet paper and bubbles.  Toilet paper?  Hmm...down to my last 4 rolls.  That's OK, I'll go to the store tomorrow.  Bubbles?  Hmm...don't actually have any.  That's OK, I've got dish soap, kitchen utensils, straws, and duct-tape.  Throw in a specially created playlist of the kids favorite jams (from Taylor Swift and B.O.B. to Aerosmith and the Beastie Boys), and the end result was 5...that's right...5 hours of argument and gripe free fun.  Take a look:

TP Bowling

TP Fight/Dance Party
...all cleaned up quickly in order to do...

TP Mummies
(which, of course, required one of them to be still and quiet for a good 10 minutes while the other one quietly concentrated on getting the broken, wrinkled TP to stay put)
...also quickly picked up so they could go outside for...

Homemade Bubbles
 ...and...

 Water-hose Fun
(AKA...do not come back into this house until that soapy mess is cleaned up)

Whew!  I did good.  We're all cleaned up, back inside, and what do I hear?  "Now, what can we do?!"

SHEESH!!!

2 comments: