Monday, July 8, 2013

History...

I have always loved history.  Now, this doesn't mean I "know" history.  But I do enjoy it.  Some of my favorite teachers were history teachers.  Case in point:  Mike Thomesen.  He was my World History and AP European History teacher in High School.  He was a favorite of just about anyone who was lucky enough to be in his class.  He fostered a love not only of history, but also Monty Python; specifically, MP and the Holy Grail, which is of course, historically accurate.

My love of history has continued to grow and evolve over the years.  And as music has played an important role in my life, it has also been a big part of our human history.  Which brings me to some very important "historical documents".  Some of these relics may be older or more famous than others, but I urge you (even if you've already seen them) to watch them again to further your own historical appreciation:

History (evolution) of Dance:

History of Rap part 1: (excuse the poor quality of video here...I guess that's what happens when artifacts aren't properly cared for)

History of Rap part 2:

History of Rap part 3:
 
History of Rap part 4:

History of TV Theme Songs: (I know...music, history, AND tv!!)

History of Music:  (a bit less awesome, but kind-of-fun nonetheless)

Just a fun little blog today, but I hope you enjoyed the little history lesson!!

No comments:

Post a Comment