Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bucket List...

I'm sure that most of you have seen the movie, The Bucket List, by now.  But just in case there are any of you that haven't (and even for those of you that have), here's the trailer:
     But even before seeing this movie, I'm sure we had all thought of things we wanted to do in our lives. Maybe we didn't have those things on an actual list or have an actual name for it, but we had goals and dreams. Bucket lists are also known as Life Lists. Rather than thinking of them as things you want to do before you die, you just think of them as things (big or small) that you want to do in your life.
     I'm going to take this time to start a working Bucket List of my own.  It will be a work in progress that I will add to over time (that I guess I actually started when I was a kid).  And there are some that am I pleased to be able to cross off already. Feel free to put yours in writing as well. :)
My Bucket List (in no particular order)
     : get married
     : have kids
     : become a teacher
     : get a pool
     : go to New York City
     : see New England in the fall
     : go to Washington DC
     : visit the Smithsonian
     : adopt a baby
     : see a tornado in real life
     : go on a Haunted Ghost Tour (in New Orleans would be best)
     : get paid to bake
     : write a children's book
     : become a published author
     : read the Bible (the whole thing)
     : make photo albums for Hannah and Mason
     : keep up with the kids' photo albums
     : make a family album for you and Cakes
     : go to Vegas
     : see Garth Brooks in concert
     : see Aerosmith in concert
     : go on an African safari
     : travel to Italy (Venice, Rome, and Florence specifically)
     : visit the Louvre
     : be a godmother
     : truly make a difference in someone's life
     : be a grandma
     : celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary with Cakes
     : get a new, bigger house with more room for the kids to grow and play
     : buy a boat
     : buy an RV
     : travel the country, road trip style
     : learn to hoola-hoop
     : save money (in an account that actually grows over time...instead of getting spent)
     : figure out a second career
     : take the kids to Universal Studios
     : go back to Pensacola Beach (or any of the neighboring beaches)
     : go to Hawaii
     : take the kids to meet my family in South Dakota
     : get a new family portrait at least every 5 years
     : sing Karaoke
     : go to a costume party
     : volunteer with the high school youth group at church
     : have our house be the house that our kids and their friends want to hang out at
    
OK well, I think that's enough for now.  The more time that I give this, the more things I think of.  It's a start anyway.  And as I said before, it's a work in progress.  Some of them are silly, some of them are trivial, and I'm sure some of them may never happen...but here's hoping.  
   

1 comment:

  1. You've done some I want to do and haven't (YET): 1) get married, 2) have kids, 3) see a tornado. I HAVE 1) been to NYC, 2) been to DC, 3) seen NE in the fall, 4) been to the Smithsonian, 5) been on a Haunted Ghost Tour (in St. Augustine), 6) published, 7) seen Garth Brooks, 8) lived in Pensacola, 9)sang karaoke, 10) been to a costume party.

    I WANT to:
    1) get married
    2) have children
    3) find a career path that is flexible and low stress
    4) live in the country
    5) be debt free
    6) go to Machu Pichu
    7) go to Greece and Italy
    8) go to Hawaii
    9) go to Alaska
    10) go to Australia and New Zealand
    11) be secure and confident

    What I have already done:
    1) been to Ireland
    2) gotten a PhD
    3) met Mr. Right
    4) made my first investment

    ReplyDelete